On Thursday 27 May 2004 09:07, Erik Hofman wrote:
> Giles Robertson wrote:
> > The other advantage of defining specific function is consistency across
> > aircraft models. As as user, I'd want to know that a certain key drops
> > the arrestor hook, and that that same key drops the hook in all aircraft
> > that have one. If we just make aircraft modellers use a certain set of
> > keys, inconsistencies should spring up.
>
> So far every designer seems to have accepted the same keyboard bindings
> across different aircraft. Please take a look at
> FlightGear/data/Docs/keyboard/map.pdf
>
> Erik

Heh! - I wasn't aware of that doc.  The '[' & ']' flap keys on the AN-225 &
B-52F should operate the the flaps as normal.  I re-assigned them for the
Comper-Swift because it doesn't have flaps and the only way you can see
forward is by leaning out.

I've been using the 'd' & 'f' keys for slats as there didn't seem to be a
standard assignment for them and the keys didn't seem to be already assigned,
but I'm not fussed as to which keys are used for the slats.

LeeE