Innis Cunningham wrote

> Hi Guys
> When I started this topic all I was asking
> was to set aside say ten of the keys that are
> not currently used for A/C specific functions.
> By this I ment functions that are specific to that
> A/C eg a 747 may have a cargo door while a fighter
> may have a tail hook in which case each could use the
> same key
>
> "Jim Wilson" writes
> >

> >As a former advocate for this idea, I'd like to relate some
> >reservations on the idea reserving aircraft specific keys.  One
> >question that comes to mind is how many things do we
> actually need an
> >aircraft specific binding for?
> doors
> tail hooks
> refueling booms
> guns,munitions
> landing brake shutes
> wing folding(be it for storage or flight(F-111))
> There is probably a few more but not many.So hope fully it
> can be seen from the list that no one A/C would have all of them. .
> >
> >Best,
> >
> >Jim
>
> My idea would be that all the common things we have now is
> fine and that the specific bindings for any given A/C would
> be put in a readme file that goes with the specific model.
> This way the user would know all the common bindings for
> controls gear and the like and when they wanted to use some
> of the eye candy thay would only need to check the readme to
> see how to work it. It was not my intention to have a
> complete rework of the keyboard bindings.

I'm with Innes on this one. We should guard against being to prescriptive:
we are sure to find something in the future that we haven't allowed for now.

By the way, I used H/h for arrester hook because:

A. I thought that A/a was already assigned.

B. It is a mnemonic which gets around the UK arrester hook versus the US
tail hook.

C. It is next to G/g (on my keyboard.

Regards

Vivian