Frederic Bouvier wrote

> Sent: 14 June 2004 11:41
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Re: CVS - broken?
>

> Melchior FRANZ wrote:
>
> > * Vivian Meazza -- Monday 14 June 2004 11:57:
> > > I downloaded and built the CVS source code this morning (Monday)
> > > under Cygwin/Xp - it builds without error. I also downloaded the
> > > data.
> > >
> > > FGFS fails to run, stopping with:
> > >
> > > Adding subsystem Traffic Manager
> > > Unknown exception in the main loop. Aborting ...
> Segmentation fault
> > > (core dumped)
> >
> > Works for me under Linux. Knowing the used command line
> would help to
> > reproduce this. Could be a syntax error in a YASim xml config file
> > (the spitfire one?) IIRC these do throw "unknown"
> exceptions. If you
> > have gdb around, do this:
> >
> > $ gdb --args fgfs
> >
> > and when it segfaults, type in "bt" for a backtrace. This
> may give you
> > a hint, and us if you post the results.
>
> I don't know for cygwin, but I added this trace ("Unknown
> exception in
> the main loop. Aborting ...") and the try/catch surrending it because
> segmentation violations can be caught this way with MS
> compiler. It offers a change to the sound manager to
> uninitialize itself and shut all
> sounds that otherwise would loop forever until next reboot.
>
> > PS: hurry up with the spitfire! I can't wait any longer! :-)
> seconded ;-)
>
> -Fred

The Spitfire is almost done, but the propeller issue does not seem to be
fixed yet, and unless/until I can get Cygwin running, I can't finish the
sound.

It's sort of usable right now under -0.9.4 with an ungeared propeller, but I
would not be happy for that to be released.

Here's some tasters to be getting on with :-)

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/vmeazza/FlightGear/Spitfire-cockpit.jpg
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/vmeazza/FlightGear/Spitfire-detail.jpg

Thanks for you help so far. Sound is a likely candidate, but it worked last
week. Still investigating ...

Regards

Vivian