This topic was brought up by someone earlier, but I don't think there was any
resolution.  When I start up FlightGear, after the "world" first appears on
the screen my frame-rate varies between 1 to 37 or so for about six seconds.
After that the frame-rate settles down to a fairly constant value.

I haven't done a thorough search for the source of this problem.  I will try
turning off whatever can be turned off, and see if I can make it go away.
Right now I'm curious as to how many people are getting this start-up delay.
BTW, I'm building with threads enabled.

The problem is more than just cosmetic.  If I start the sim with throttles
forward the FDM (JSBSim) seems to "wind-up" while the sim is stalled
(frame-rate near one).  When the frame rate bounces back up to near normal
the airplane leaps forward (and sometimes upward).

The only solution is to sit with throttles idle and watch the frame-rate.
When the frame-rate settles down I can take off.  Now that the frame-rate is
no longer displayed by default I just count to seven and then go.

When flying the glider there is no opportunity to wait, so I just have to let
the pitch vary wildly until the frame-rate settles down.

Anyone else seeing this?

Dave