On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 19:12:11 +0200
 Mathias Fröhlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mittwoch, 7. Juli 2004 18:59, Andy Ross wrote:
The only "special" hardware on the carrier are the arresting wires and
catapults. It would be easier to just model these and let generic
intersection code handle the deck intersection stuff.
Yes, this is what I meant.

What I thought of is a kind of 'wire surface' which covers the area bewteen the first and the last wire. If the hook intersects this surface we cought a wire.
That is not the whole trueth, but may be a sufficient approximation.

Off the top of my head (and I'm in a real hurry at this second), I think it would be nice to make it possible to supply the FDMs with a force vector and point of application - perhaps even a moment vector. Is that what you are proposing?

Jon