Durk Talsma wrote:

Curt and others,

Just a quick question: Does this mean, we're entering a feature-freeze period now?

Yes, I apologize for not being 100% clear ... I'm juggling way too many things this summer, but I'm still trying to get a release out.

The reason I'm asking is that I have some upates for the traffic manager that I was planning to clean-up a bit and submit by the end of the weekend. This new code, while humble in size, is going to be a big step forward because it eliminates the dependency on predefined flightplans, and thus allows for much more flexibility in creating Traffic files.

I seem to see a huge memory leak when leaving FG running for a long time. I suspect it is within the AI system somewhere, but I haven't really worked hard at verifying this. I am leaning towards having the AI system toggled off by default in the official release unless we can get to the bottom of this in the next couple days.

I'm also in the process of creating some sample traffic patterns for the 737, going in and out of KSFO, based on the current United Airlines time table. I'd also like to see these included in the new version (and they depend on the new code), because it would liven up the dynamic scenery around KSFO quite a bit.

As an aside, just after the release of 0.9.4, I reported two segfaults occurring randomly after prolonged FlightGear use (approx 8-10 hours of run time). One of those I managed to track down, but the other one never really got much attention. Would people downloading and testing the prereleases be willing to run FlightGear for extended periods of time (preferably from within gdb, so that we can try to find some evidence whether or not this bug is still there and find some evidence about it's nature?

I haven't had a chance to do long runs of FG in the last couple weeks, but if there are segfaults floating around, we should attack them aggressively.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d