Chris Metzler wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:32:25 +0200
Boris Koenig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A couple of other things: I *did* search, but didn't find
a way to directly set the heading of an aircraft if you
want to position it in air - if it's there already, please
tell me where :-)

If it isn't it might be worth to be added ?

What did you search?

sorry, I was reffering to the "Set Position dialog" within FlightGear, not any command line options, I do know that you can set these manually or use directly the property tree, but I thought it might make sense to directly include that option within the corresponding dialog.

And that's where I was looking for that option, because I thought
it would make sense to be there !?

Can you rephrase this?  I can't figure out what it is that you're
saying here.

lol, simple:

FlightGear knows of various airports that I can pick to start at,
but these airports aren't all *visible* within FlightGear, so -
even if I am sure that I am at the right coordinates I don't see
a specific airport or rather runway layout.

This happens also with standard airports that are selectable
from the corresponding dialog.

My assumption was hence, that the airports are currently bound to
the scenery, as I don't have much additional scenery installed.
That's why I thought that not all airports/runways might already be
available.

So the question is, whether that's true or if there's anything else
wrong with my base package.

I was a bit surprised to learn that, since I thought FlightGear uses X-Planes Navaids/Airports info - and X-Plane deals with scenery and
airports separately, so it doesn't matter if I have the necessary
scenery installed or not, because the airports, including the proper
runway aligment will always be available, even if that means that
KLAS 25 R becomes an island within the ocean ;-)

Just tell me if you need even another version of this :-)

--------
Boris