> Can we set that one up in the base package (so the
> novice submodeler's can try it out)?  Which a/c did you use?

Here's the puff-of-smoke model that you need to put in Models/Geometry:

http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/puff.ac

Then you need a trigger binding.  I use the joystick trigger:

 <button n="0">
  <desc>Trigger</desc>
  <binding>
   <command>property-assign</command>
   <property>/systems/submodels/submodel[0]/trigger</property>
   <value type="bool">true</value>
  </binding>
  <mod-up>
   <binding>
    <command>property-assign</command>
    <property>/systems/submodels/submodel[0]/trigger</property>
    <value type="bool">false</value>
   </binding>
  </mod-up>
 </button>

Then you need to pick an airplane (I used the OV-10, which actually *does*
have a smoke generator BTW) and set the path to the submodel system config:

<sim>
  <systems>
   <electrical>
    <path>Aircraft/c172/c172-electrical.xml</path>
   </electrical>
   <submodels>
    <serviceable type="bool">true</serviceable>
    <path>Aircraft/OV10/submodels.xml</path>
   </submodels>
  </systems>
</sim>

Then put this in the submodels.xml config file in that aircraft's root
directory:

  <submodel>
    <name>smoke</name>
    <model>Models/Geometry/puff.ac</model>
    <trigger>systems/submodels/submodel[0]/trigger</trigger>
    <speed>0.0</speed>
    <repeat>true</repeat>
    <delay>0.1</delay>
    <count>4000</count>
    <x-offset>0.0</x-offset>
    <y-offset>0.0</y-offset>
    <z-offset>-4.0</z-offset>
    <yaw-offset>0.0</yaw-offset>
    <pitch-offset>0.0</pitch-offset>
    <eda>1000.0</eda>
  </submodel>

That should do it.  I guess the OV-10 would make a good demonstrator.  It's
already the thunderstorm and weather radar demonstrator.

Dave