It's the same with forced landings.  Making an approach into a field of
sheep is usually safe (my instructor has done it twice!).  Making an approach
into cows probably isn't.  They're not guaranteed to move out of the way
and in a small aircraft, hitting a cow would be bad :-)

A while ago, a girl skydiving at my dropzone landed off the airfield in
a field of sheep.  It was the middle of the lambing season and when she
stooped down to pick up here canopy she was butted in the chest and
ended up in intensive care with a badly broken sternum.

All the best,

Matthew.

* Giles Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-09-09 14:00]: