> One thing we could add, at least for my part of the world, are
> animated groundhogs all over the airport -- also flocks of birds near
> the threshold.  I also heard a story recently of cows eating the
> fabric covering of a tube-and-rag airplane.

>...that kinda realism might haven an impact on both the 3d model
>and the fdm's. ;-)

Reminds me of (probably) an urban myth:

The Australian Defence Forces had a helicopter flight simulator with ground
troops that shoot back. They decided to add kangaroos to the scenery and
this
worked well, until they made it into the trees and started shooting back.

Story goes that they used an object model based on ground troops and were
still
carrying weapons.

Regards
Peter