I'm bringing this back up again, because during my search for
cross-platform capable ATC multiplayer  software I stumbled
across the following comment on http://www.atcsimulator.com

[QUOTE:]
        August 19, 2004 - Due to inaccuracies with DAFIF data, we have
        abandoned that as a source for creating new airspace and/or
        updating our programs. DAFIF is designed for military
        applications does not contain proper information for use with
        ATCsimulatorŽ2. We have adopted the National Flight Database
        published by the FAA and the National Aeronautical Charting
        Office (AVN-500) as our standard. This database is also provided
        in ARINC 424-13 or 15 format, which is THE worldwide standard
        used in commercial flight navigation systems, as well as
        commercial simulators.

Would this also be an option for FlightGear itself, respectively Robin Peel's database, as some kind of 'last resort' ?

--------- Boris