Lee Elliott wrote:

On Monday 11 October 2004 10:37, Jon Stockill wrote:

Martin Spott wrote:

Martin Spott wrote:

This patch is great - it works and it significantly
increases the frame rate on a simple Linux-PC (old 600 MHz
PentiumIII with Radeon9200) from 4-5 to 7-8 fps on the
default location,

With the recent display list changes things now settle at
stable 10 fps. I'd like to express my thanks to everyone who
participated in this tremendous improvement(s) !

crease + display list = WOW!

I've gone from 3-4FPS at KSFO in the C172 to a rock solid 12 -
this seems to be limited by the instruments, because turning
the view, or selecting an external view gets 25-35, even with
all those models around. I've NEVER seen FlightGear run so
smoothly.

The fact that a forward cockpit view is so stable (it doesn't
matter how many models you point the aircraft at) makes
landings at KSFO really smooth, where they used to be almost
impossible before because the frame rate was so unpredictable.

Thanks to all who contributed.

The crease patch works well for me here but the DList patch seems to result in a consistent seg fault.

I suspect it's due to the ATI Linux drivers for my Radeon 9200.

Can anyone else running Linux with a Radeon 9xxx series card, using ATI's drivers confirm if it works for them?

TIA

LeeE

Are you sure you use the latest simgear?
makeDList() should now be in simgear/scene/model/model.cxx

Horst