Lee Elliott wrote:

could someone on Linux confirm that the ballistic sub-model stuff works properly for them?

The only outstanding difference Vivian and I could identify between our systems is that his is Windows based whereas I'm running Linux. Things work properly on his system but don't on either of the two different (in both h/w & s/w respects - i.e. different video cards & cpu etc to different kernels 2.4.x vs. 2.6.x and different Debian unstable snap-shots) systems that I've tried. If we can eliminate this difference we know we need to dig deeper into something else...

LeeE

well, as I mailed two weeks ago, for me it works :-)

Maybe I don't know *exactly* what that stuff is supposed to do.

What I have is
- FG/SG/etc CVS 2004-09-18 23:00 UTC
- plib-1.8.3
- Linux SuSE 9.1
- Kernel 2.6.4
- nVidia GF2 MX

What I do is
- start FG with
 --fg-root=/usr/local/FlightGear/data
 --fg-scenery=/usr/local/FlightGear/data/Scenery
 --airport-id=KNUQ
 --runway=14L
 --aircraft=spitfireIIa
 --control=joystick
 --enable-random-objects
 --enable-horizon-effect
 --enable-enhanced-lighting
 --enable-distance-attenuation
 --enable-ai-models
 --geometry=1024x768
 --bpp=32
 --timeofday=noon
- trigger via property browser

What I see/hear is
- I canon firing
- (very)little red dots from within the cockpit seeming to leave the cannon
- (very)little red dots from outside seeming to leave the cannon

*that works with --enable-ai-models* - without I see nothing

If you need additional info, tell me!

Horst