Mathias FrÃhlich writes:

> Erik Hofman wrote:
> > I've tried using display lists again (which didn't work in the past) and
> > on my O2 I get a great improvement (up to 30%, but that only means from
> > 6 fps to 9 fps in my case), but on my Linux machine I get a floating
> > point exception.
> >
> > Could anyone test it on their Linux machine?
>
> I get a segfault in the radeon driver .so.

FWIW

This patch won't be acceptable to the PLIB team unless
we can fix this.

Can anyone isolate where in the code this is breaking ?

If so please post the offending SSG calling function
< with code and stack trace if possible >

Also are we sure that all variables are initialized in the
parsing code might be worth initializing everything of
interest with bogus values like (FLOAT_MAX * -1)
to make any unitialized value easier to spot.
< will need to step thru some of the new parsing code
   and setup code in gdb todo this >

I would work on this as this is an obvious improvement
but I don't have a Linux Box with a Radeon

Cheers

Norman