Vivian Meazza wrote:

Vegard Ovesen wrote:

Sent: 18 October 2004 09:26
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Submodels

On Monday 18 October 2004 00:24, Vivian Meazza wrote:

The ability to set a serviceability state for each submodel system would
seem to be the correct approach, but if I understand your proposal
correctly, it will end up in more files overall.

Actually the systems and instrumentation configuration files are already
in
CVS. So my point of view is that integrating the submodels configuration
into
the already existing systems configuration file would result in fewer
files.
It seems to me that your point of view is that adding systems and
instrumentation configuration files would result in more config files.
Which
of course is true, but as I said systems and instrumentation config is
already there (and the won't go away ;-)).

As a major user and part-author of the submodel system, I have no
objections,

A quick grep through the base package revealed that three aircraft use the
subsystem: F16, Spitfire and Hunter. I will of course move the subsystem
config to system config so that they don't get broken.

but David Culp was the originator: his view might differ. You
may wish to seek his approval before going ahead with this change.