> Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:13:56 +0100
> From: Lee Elliott
> On Thursday 21 October 2004 22:47, Jon S Berndt wrote:
> > Would it be "grumpy" of me to suggest that we try a little
> > harder to trim quotes when replying with quotes? I've noticed
> > that there are several emails today with 100 to 200 lines of
> > quoted material, followed by anywhere from a few lines to ten
> > or so. Over time, this stuff builds up...
> >
> > Jon
>
> It's not grumpy:)
>
> Generally, I _do_ tend to [snip..]...
>
> but it also depends on what else I might be thinking about,
> something that happened at work today, what I'm planning to do
> tomorrow, who was it who said..., I wonder why?..., now what did
> i just forget to do?... not to mention intoxication states...

Serendipitously, I just wrote on this to the User list.

If you get the Digest, there is no threading, and you are trying to
follow multiple conversations at once.  For me, snipping, and reading
replies that are interspersed within the message, are a Good Thing
(tm).

But, hey, I'm only a lurker here; far be it for me to set the terms.

Nick