Jon Berndt writes:

> In addition, what is the temperature and atmospheric conditions at the default
> runway? I'd
> like to run a test with known conditions - i.e. I'd like to use our JSBSim internal
> atmosphere. I suspect that the atmospheric conditions are getting passed in by
> default,
> true?

FGEnvironment::FGEnvironment()
  : elevation_ft(0),
    visibility_m(32000),
    temperature_sea_level_degc(15),
    temperature_degc(15),
    dewpoint_sea_level_degc(5), // guess
    dewpoint_degc(5),
    pressure_sea_level_inhg(29.92),
    pressure_inhg(29.92),
    turbulence_magnitude_norm(0),
    turbulence_rate_hz(1),
    wind_from_heading_deg(0),
    wind_speed_kt(0),
    wind_from_north_fps(0),
    wind_from_east_fps(0),
    wind_from_down_fps(0)
{
  _setup_tables();
  _recalc_density();
}

but you should really just use the property browser
as these are exposed under the environment

void
FGEnvironment::read (const SGPropertyNode * node)
{
    maybe_copy_value(this, node, "visibility-m",
                     &FGEnvironment::set_visibility_m);

    if (!maybe_copy_value(this, node, "temperature-sea-level-degc",
                          &FGEnvironment::set_temperature_sea_level_degc))
        maybe_copy_value(this, node, "temperature-degc",
                         &FGEnvironment::set_temperature_degc);

    if (!maybe_copy_value(this, node, "dewpoint-sea-level-degc",
                          &FGEnvironment::set_dewpoint_sea_level_degc))
        maybe_copy_value(this, node, "dewpoint-degc",
                         &FGEnvironment::set_dewpoint_degc);

    if (!maybe_copy_value(this, node, "pressure-sea-level-inhg",
                          &FGEnvironment::set_pressure_sea_level_inhg))
        maybe_copy_value(this, node, "pressure-inhg",
                         &FGEnvironment::set_pressure_inhg);

    maybe_copy_value(this, node, "wind-from-heading-deg",
                     &FGEnvironment::set_wind_from_heading_deg);

    maybe_copy_value(this, node, "wind-speed-kt",
                     &FGEnvironment::set_wind_speed_kt);

    maybe_copy_value(this, node, "elevation-ft",
                     &FGEnvironment::set_elevation_ft);

    maybe_copy_value(this, node, "turbulence/magnitude-norm",
                     &FGEnvironment::set_turbulence_magnitude_norm);

    maybe_copy_value(this, node, "turbulence/rate-hz",
                     &FGEnvironment::set_turbulence_rate_hz);
}