> 3)  Make the decks solid.
 > 9)  Make island solid

Here's how I think we can solidify the decks and island.  First we need to
define some rectangles (2? 3? a variable list?).

http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/decks.jpg

Each rectangle is defined in the carrier config file, in carrier body
coordinates.

  x-offset
  y-offset
  angle
  length
  width
  height

When the aircraft gets close (say 1 mile, <300 feet) the carrier will start
checking to see if the aircraft position is within any of the reactangles.
This will require a lot of coordinate transformation, and it would be good to
get the fastest algorithm possible.

***-> Any ideas here? <-***

After all rectangles are processed the highest height value is kept, and this
is then used to override the scenery height using
globals->get_scenerey()->set_cur_elev(height).

I think if we make the island's rectangle about 5 feet above deck height, then
we'll get a crash if you fly into it.  Come to think of it, we need a better
crash response from the the sim.  Maybe a "crash" dialog would suffice.

Note that this is just the first phase in completing the deck.  Once we have
it solid then we can do catapult and wire placement, which will require even
more coordinate transformations.

Dave