I got a request to implement something I've been considering implementing for some time, anyhow. JSBSim has the ability to run scripted flights. Scripts are composed in an XML-format command file. This works quite well for JSBSim in a standalone mode. I have yet to try to implement this in JSBSim.cxx - the interface. However, I suspect it is merely a matter of not taking input from FlightGear, but instead taking input from our script class.

The problem I need to know how to solve is in taking a command line option from FlightGear. We still need to specify the name of the script file to use. The script file designates which aircraft to load, as well as the initial conditions file to use. So, what I'd like to do is to implement a command line option in Flightgear that is mutually exclusive with setting initial conditions and aircraft name. Possible?

Jon