Vivian Meazza wrote:

So we have the situation where at least some of the current binary releases,
do not follow this policy. The Windows for one seems to accept the crease
token.

The policy is not meant for the binary releases. A binary-release maintainer may even chose to use plib-1.7.3 if he/she wishes to do so. The policy is to make it _work_ with the latest official plib release.

We speak of Mathias' crease patch, but we should remember that it also
produced around 40% increase in performance, certainly for Cygwin. I would
not like to go back to the status quo ante, but I realize the very good
rationale for it.

The patch has been committed to plib CVS. Now we only (...) need to convince them to release a new stable version.

Erik