Erik Hofman wrote:

> could you consider to apply this as well?
> The vertical speed display did never ever work. It uses a property
> "/velocities/vertical-speed-fpm". Feet per minute? This property
> doesn't exist. I posted this patch on the developers list (6 Nov 2004)
> to give the 737 engineers a chance to comment on it, but this was
> ignored.
>
> I suggest to apply the patch, which replaces fpm by fps. If indeed
> fpm was meant, we can still add a factor later.

I can confirm that the "VSPEED" display in the 737 PFD actually always
shows the number "0" but I'd say this is still better than a fps
display - at least for a real pilot. If the display sticks to 0 the
pilot will realize very soon that it is broken, a display that shows
totally incorrect numbers might hide a significant risk ....  ;-)

Cheers,
        Martin.