May I suggest looking out for GeForce FX5800Us.

Myself and a friend managed to pick an unused pair up a few months ago for
very little money and they are quite frankly 'storming' cards.

They have a 500Mhz GPU and 1000Mhz (DDR) memory on 128bit bus and manage to
keep up with the higher-spec 5900/U's by using sheer brute-force clocks
rather than wider memory busses.

The catch with the card is the FlowFX system which is *fairly* noisy but not
louder than a modern air-cooled high-performance PC.

Plus they run a treat with Linux and are fully supported by the Nvidia driver
set including temp sensing etc.