On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:59:23 +0000, Dave Martin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I then spent 2 hours trying to work out what this huge 3 runway
> centre-intersecting airport with full runway lighting and PAPIs was. ;-P

It looks like the runways are fairly large in real life as well:

  http://worldaerodata.com/wad.cgi?airport=EGLJ

Martin Baker uses the airport for testing ejection seats, and flies a
Meteor jet out of it (that would explain why one runway was extended
to 6000 ft):

  http://groberson.members.beeb.net/Chalgrove_Airport.htm

I haven't downloaded that scenery, but the fact that the runways
intersect in the middle suggests that we have the centre LAT/LON for
the airport rather than for the individual runways.  I haven't been
able to find any information about lighting, but I wouldn't be
surprised to see a VASIS or PAPI with the jet there.

All the best,

David

--
http://www.megginson.com/