For what it's worth, every time I've done a FlightGear release I've managed to tick off at least some people. I'm sure our next release will be no different. At some point you just have to draw the line and go with what you have or you never get the release out. We are humans, volunteers, busy -- things drop through the cracks. You just have to work to get these into cvs so they can make it into the next release.

Curt.

Martin Spott wrote:

"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

What FreeeBSD patch was missed? The one that disabled the valid opengl context check? Steve, wasn't too excited about that. It would be better if FreeBSD just reported a valid context if it actually is valid. Knowing Steve personally, I would suggest that your choice of words are rather harsh, [...]

If he had read 'his' mailing list he would have noticed that there were two patches dealing with the case that header files from /usr/include/machine/ have moved to /usr/include/sys/. I even copied the patch to the mailing list an obviously he somehow _does_ monitor this list. As he simply decided to ignore the respective hints I don't think my words were too harsh. There is a comment in the file that needs the patch:

#ifdef SL_USING_OSS_AUDIO
#  if defined(UL_LINUX)
#    include <linux/soundcard.h>
#    include <sys/ioctl.h>
#  elif defined(__FreeBSD__)
#    include <machine/soundcard.h>
#  else
   /*
     Tom thinks this file may be <sys/soundcard.h> under some
     unixen - but that isn't where the OSS manuals say it
     should be.

     If you ever find out the truth, please email me:
      Steve Baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   */
#    include <soundcard.h>
#  endif
#endif

We should email him if we find out, but he simply decides not to listen. This is what annoys me.

Well, for FlightGear you can circumvent this single case by configuring
'--disable-sl' (because luckily FlightGear uses OpenAL) but as PLIB
folks claim to support FreeBSD in general I think they should take at
least a little bit of care if they are already being presented the
patches,

Martin.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d