On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:20:07 +0100
Durk Talsma wrote:

> On Sunday 16 January 2005 21:54, D Luff wrote:
> > On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:27:10 -0000
> >
> > Agreed.  I had a look at some of it recently with a view to automatically
> > starting on the into the wind runway with real-weather.  At the moment it
> > can't be done, since real-weather is dependent on position, and I'm trying
> > to introduce the counter-dependency as well.  What I think needs to happen
> > is to init approx location first, then init the environment, then init
> > exact location.
> >

> David, as I mailed to you off-list (but probably not yet to
> FlightGear-devel),
> I'm working on extending the airport code. Part of the new code is going to
> be a function that returns the active runway for a specific airport.
>
> So, I guess, initialization could be something like (in pseudo code):
> 1) get airport
> 2) airport->get weather
> 3) airport/weather->getActiveRunway
> 4) user->init  at active runway

Hi Durk,

Yes, if you're trying to more intelligently choose the active runway, then
you're probably wanting both aircraft type and weather set before your runway
choosing function gets called.  Add stage 1a - get aircraft type (heavy, light
etc).  At the moment though, you'll be able to set the runway for all the AI
traffic very nicely, but at startup you'll still have missing information at
the time of setting it for the user, just as the current code does.

Your mail is stuck in proprietry format on a box I can't boot at the moment BTW
:-(  As soon as it's resusitated (reinstall OS) I'll take a look at it.  If
it's still in your outbox, perhaps you could hit the send button again...

Cheers - Dave