Oliver C. wrote:

On Thursday 20 January 2005 19:02, Martin Spott wrote:

"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

Let's not be too quick to stamp out people's ability to express their
faith. The tides of societal whimsy shift very quickly, and if we
tolerate stamping out opposing view points, all too soon you could find
yourself on the loosing end of that battle.

Curt, almost everything you write has much sense in the end, but in
this case you are terribly wrong.

Everyone on this list is free - as a human being should be free - to
express his personal opinion (if necessary even on this developer list,
if nobody objects) as long as it is easily obvious to _everyone_
reading this, that it is his very own personal faith. I strongly
believe nobody here intends to stamp on the MacOSX package maintainers
view point, it's just that he chose a medium to carry his opinion that
is totally unacceptable.

I distance myself from the FlightGear project as long as it tolerates
this sort of misuse. Don't get me wrong, I very much tolerate the
_contents_ of the respective text (although I don't share it, but this
is a different story) but I can't accept the way it is being
distributed unter the flag of the FlightGear project.

Cheers,
Martin.

I completely agree.

When we accept this, what comes next?

FlightGear packages with inbuild espionage and spam features?
Dialers? FlightGear with inbuild advertisement for cigarettes, drugs and cleaning agent?

As a consequence we should create a clean and official Mac package, anyone here with a Mac? (I don't have a Mac. :( )
Maybe it also helps to inform sourceforge about this,
do they allow such misuse of their webspace?

[ Curt goes off to rummage through the mailman docs to see if he can find any kind of content based thread killer ... ]

There are have been a couple intelligent responses here, but the signal to noise ratio is dismal.

If we want to hop on the bandwagon and start stamping things out let's go after the big problems like aids, or poverty, or Jennifer Lopez/Ben Afflec movies.

Regards,