On Monday 24 Jan 2005 15:44, Vivian Meazza wrote:

> > It would be nice to find a 'solution' to better frame-rates at
> > illuminated airports tho because landing at EGLL at night can be near
> > impossible even on
> > 'good' hardware.
>
> This is a good question: just haw are people managing this one? It's OK for
> me, but I've got good hardware tied to a 21 in screen.
>
> Regards,
>
> Vivian

Well, I'm basically showing it the sharp-end of an AMD 3200XP with 1GB
dual-channel and a 128Mb GeFarce FX5800 Ultra-Leaf-Blower and hoping for the
best.  ;-)

I'm also driving a 21" screen @ 1600x1200x32bpp so it does flog its guts out
to hold 15-20fps on approach to London Heathrow at night. (even w/o the
'enhanced' lighting)

At any other time (no runway lights in sight) I can expect 100fps or more -
rarely dipping under 50fps when there are many buildings etc in sight.

Dave Martin.