On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:13:49 +0200
Paul Surgeon wrote:

> But that breaks the message threading capabilites of mail readers which
> some people dislike.
> One ends up with 2 or 3 threads on the same topic and you have to jump
> between them.

Most mailreaders these days thread not on the subject, but on the
of consideration to ones that thread on Subject:, one can solve
this the way Usenet folks have for ages -- use the "was:" convention.
e.g. given a thread with subject

Subject:  fgrun improvements

when someone in the thread starts to discuss lighting, they can
change the subject line to

Subject  enhanced lighting fps (was: fgrun improvements)

If *that* isn't enough, then we're talking about trying to accomodate
bugged/broken mail readers.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)