Andy Ross

> Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > Yes - perhaps Andy will recall our long discussion of a year ago?
>
> Only vaguely, and I currently lack the time to crawl through the
> archives.  You keep hinting that you want something done.  Can you be
> more specific?

Yes - sorry. I redid the Merlin engine stuff for the Spitfire (lower powered
than the P51d, but otherwise much the same). Gear ratio was the issue. The
new code failed to converge (or possibly converged to the wrong solution).
You were going to look into it, but then got too busy with real work, as I
recall. It seems to me that we are going over more or less the same ground.
I was going to wait to see if Jim cracked the problem, and then revisit it
for the Spitfire. In the meantime, I managed to make a reasonable simulation
using a non-geared propeller. I haven't looked at it for ages, and right now
I'm busy with aircraft carrier stuff.

Don't worry for now - if you solve it for Jim, I expect that it will work
for me. If not, we can tackle the problem again. I have all the old
discussion available.

Regards,

Vivian