On 28/01/2005 at 09:15 Adam Dershowitz wrote:

>I have never tried to build Atlas before, but just tried with this
>release.
>I am working on a Mac and ./configure gives me the following errors:
>
>checking for pthread_exit in -lpthread... yes
>checking for glNewList in -lGLcore... no
>checking for glNewList in -lGL... yes
>checking for gluLookAt in -lGLU... yes
>checking for glutGetModifiers in -lglut... no
>checking for glutGameModeString in -lglut... no
>
>Unable to find the necessary OpenGL or GLUT libraries.
>See config.log for automated test details and results ...
>
>In order to build flightgear, a little while ago, it was necessary to make
>few changes to the source code to get it to properly find GLUT stuff.  But
>these changes are now all incorporated into FG.  These locations are now
>all
>captured in simgear/compiler.h.
>In the time that I have been working with the code, no changes were
>required
>to the config stuff, only some of the paths in the source itself, now in
>compiler.h.
>The truth is that I have not done much with automake, so I am not really
>sure how to go about fixing this.  But clearly something is different in
>how
>Atlas checks for GLUT versus how Simgear and FG do it, since they succeed
>just fine in finding and using that stuff.
>If you can point me in the right direction I can try to work with it some
>more.

Hi Adam,

I'm afraid I don't use a Mac, and I'm not good with shell or configure
scripts.  If you want to have a try at fixing this, then configure.ac is
the file you need to edit (try looking in FlightGear's configure.ac for
inspiration), and you'll need to run ./autogen.sh before ./configure after
making any changes to configure.ac.

Unfortunately, the whole glut/gl section of the Atlas/FlightGear
configure.ac files appears to be somewhat different - I don't think it's a
matter of just dropping a mac test in from the FG one to the Atlas one.  It
really needs someone who know's what they're doing in this area to take a
look at it.

Cheers - Dave