* Melchior FRANZ -- Friday 04 February 2005 10:02:
> The script, however, only gets a list of selected
> vertices and has no clue about which of them belong together.

Bull. That's how it works now, but, of course, the script gets a list of all
objects, faces, edges, vertices. So it would be possible to make copies of the
flap and put them into the retracted, the extended, and (time-wise) evenly
spaced positions in between, and let the script calculate one translate and
one rotate animation both with interpolation table. The additional object would
best be kept in place (different Blender "scene" or later removed by a script
like my "ac3d-sort" sript). Worth a try. Sounds like a lot of fun at least.  ;-)

m.