Curtis L. Olson wrote :

I'd like to take a whack at making the FGNetFDM and FGNetCTRLS structures more portable across platforms and OS's. There are some serious problems right now going between 32 and 64 bit architectures. There are other minor problems going between different OS's.

I see that Linux (C99) has an inttypes.h include that defines

||int8_t, int16_t, int32_t, int64_t and ||uint8_t, uint16_t, uint32_t, uint64_t

|Using these instead of things like bool, int, and time_t could go a *long* ways toward removing ambiguity in the sizes of these across different platforms and architectures.|
Can anyone confirm or deny if this or something close to it exists in MSVC? I believe all the modern unix based platforms should have this already, but windows sometimes blazes it's own trail ... :-)

These types are not defined, instead it has something like this :

typedef signed char INT8, *PINT8; typedef signed short INT16, *PINT16; typedef signed int INT32, *PINT32; typedef signed __int64 INT64, *PINT64; typedef unsigned char UINT8, *PUINT8; typedef unsigned short UINT16, *PUINT16; typedef unsigned int UINT32, *PUINT32; typedef unsigned __int64 UINT64, *PUINT64; ...

( from windows.h )

so it shouldn't be difficult to emulate unix types in compiler.h using these types that are legacy from the old good times of OS/2 ;-)

-Fred