I'm trying to add an IO option to FlightGear v.0.9.8 for communication through ethernet-udp with another program, like "--native=params". It's called rh_flight with "--rh_flight=socket,out,60,127.0.0.1,udp" as parameters but when I start FG with "fgfs --rh_flight=socket....", it says "Unknown option --rh_flight="

I've added rh_flight.cxx and rh_flight.hxx and I modified;
fg_io.cxx
options.cxx
Makefile.am (/src/Network), Makefile.in (/src/Network)
fgfs.1.in
strings-default.xml and options.xml from the base package.

The changes i made are simular to the code written for native. We're running RedHat 8.0 on a P4.
We've installed the following libraries from flightgear.org:
base package v0.9.8
FreeGlut
OpenAL
plib-1.8.4
metakit2.4.9.3
SimGear-0.3.8 / zlib1.1.4

When I type "fgfs --help --verbose" I can see the option in the IO-option list but it doesn't work.
Can someone tell me what I forgot to change/include in order to get this working?

Regards

L v Hal