> What happens if you: start FG, display the hud, put the mouse
> into control mode, make a half deflection of the control
> surfaces, so that none of them hit their end-stops, and then hit
> F3?  Do the controls move back to their centered position or do
> they end up randomly placed?

When I hit F3 the cursor goes to the bottom-left of the screen.  The ailerons
and elevator are displaced.  If I find the new neutral position and
right-click three times to re-enter control mode, then the cursor re-centers.

So, F3 causes the cursor to displace very far.  When the screen capture is
complete the model has already started tumbling.

Dave