Drew a écrit :

I don't buy that argument. It's easier to grow with fgfs in small
steps than to adapt everything after major releases. Following the
cvslogs mailing list is usually enough, and there isn't such a fast
progress anyway.

Ok, I'm trying to take your advice, and get a later version of the source.

I tried downloading the tar archive of the latest CVS flightear, but
it doesn't compile with the latest release of SimGear. Is there an
archive somewhere of a development SimGear version, or will I have to
install a CVS client to get this code? I'm using Windows, and have
never used CVS before. I can't be wasting too much time on this...too
many other things to do.

It is very easy with this tool : http://www.wincvs.org/download.html

When using CVS, you have to keep SimGear, FlightGear and the data in sync, but it is just a few click with Wincvs.

-Fred