Drew wrote:
> IMHO, it's best to use interpolation tables rather than equations if
> you're trying to curve fit empirical data.

Not in this context.  The data here isn't being used to model a
specific engine, but to provide sane parameters for all
(super/turbochared) engines.  The performance and code size advantages
of an equation here are significant.

> Does FlightGear have a format and utilities for table lookups?
> Perhaps it's worth developing some if they don't already exist (I'd
> be willing to contribute).

Probably several.  YASim has one for doing interpolation of standard
atmosphere parameters, and I'm sure there's a similar engine in the
JSBSim code, which depends on tables extensively in its configuration.

Andy