On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 11:25:36 +0200, Mathias wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Samstag 30 April 2005 01:00, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > 1. JSBSim is not maintained in fgfs' cvs, but JSBSim's own cvs. It's
> > only
> >    regularly copied over to our cvs, so the patch applied here would
> >    repeatedly get overwritten. And applying it in JSBSim cvs is
> >    currently not a good idea because JSBSim is in a partial rewrite
> >    (-> xml format).
> Yep, that has to be done elsewhere.
>
> > 2. the FA18 model is from an anonymous "contributor" from the net.
> > Although
> >    Mathias beefed it up a lot, almost rewrote it, it's not GPL
> >    compatible as long the original creator hasn't given permission.
> >    And it's hard to ask him/her, because (s)he is ... anonymous.
> >    BTW: the great cockpit is all Mathias'.
> Yes, more or less.
> In the meantime there is not much left from the original model. I have
>  blueprints available and I redid many things according to that
>  blueprints.
> There are still some parts copied from that anonymous model, but I
> want to  redo them too.

..I feel it might be adviceable to do this and all such rewrites in a
fashion that makes it clear to anyone in the legal professions, that
they are being rewritten or has been rewritten, fully legally, to
replace any and all suspect non-GPL code, with GPL code.

..some people whine in Gloklaw because they find their litigation
bait exposed.  No need to fall for such baits anywhere.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: