On May 3, 2005 02:39 am, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > WARNING: ssgSGIHeader::: Failed to open
> > '/usr/local/FlightGear/share/FlightGear/Textures/Sky/cl_cumulus.rgb' for
> > reading.
>
> So? What's with theses files? Are you sure you have these, at this weird
> path? But anyway ...
Those files aren't there.  As for the directory, yes, it is correct.  You have
no idea how much time I spent on poking around until I found out that the
base-package should reside in there (as opposed to what the documentry said).
=P
I think it may have to do with the fact that I placed FlightGear
under /usr/local/FlightGear instead of /usr/local.

> > X Error of failed request:  GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
>
> It is quite likely that the X server dynamically links against the wrong
> libGL, just like fgfs. So I'd stay with the easier debugging target now,
> and that's fgfs. Also, I don't know if the X server even needs OpenGL. I
> doesn't have to run in HW accelerated mode (Xrender extension) to run 3D
> apps with HW acceleration. (Disclaimer: I'm no X expert. :-)
Okay.

> I suppose that there's still an old libGL around that's used instead of the
> new one. Try this:
>
>    $ ldd `which fgfs`
>
> and check if all the relevant libraries do really use what libs you think
> it *should* use. I have this here:

>    libglut.so.3 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libglut.so.3 (0x4005a000)
>    libGLU.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1 (0x40082000)
>    libGL.so.1 => /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 (0x40114000)
>    libGLcore.so.1 => /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1 (0x40537000)
>    libnvidia-tls.so.1 => /usr/lib/tls/libnvidia-tls.so.1 (0x40c28000)
>
> and I'm happy with it. Running strace again and checking the lib paths
> is also a good idea.
Obviously, I don't have the libnvidia-tls.so.1 symlink.  Other than that,
everything else is similar to your's except libGLcore.so.1 -- it's not even
listed.

As for strace, FlightGear is looking at everywhere for libGL.so except in the
right directory.  I don't get it. =/
I am going to recompile FlightGear again tomorrow morning.

Ampere