Hi Ben

"Ben Morrison" writes

Sorry, I am not being very clear.  When I asked for a good example to start
with, I meant which aircraft is the most complete.  For example, which has
sounds, panels, landing gear and flap animations, etc.  For the 3d model I
think I will try to convert a model made for Microsoft's Flight Simulator.

Besides the small matter of getting permission from the original modeller to modify
and release under the GPL.Separating out all the objects and animating them can
be nearly as hard as building the model from scratch.MSFS use a different approach
for animation they build different objects for different positions of aircraft parts.
E.G the landing gear will have a separate model for gear up than gear down and
then they just hide the model they dont want to show.This did change when
they went to GMAX models but as far as I am aware PLIB can't handle those models.
I would say build your own you will look back in a years time and say what a load of
rubbish but the experience will be invaluble.One thing I would say is to make the
fuselage with plenty of sides because if and when you come back to improve it
you won't have to start from scratch as I have had to do.Currently I use no less
than 40 sided fuslages.

Ben

Cheers Innis