* Ben Morrison -- Thursday 12 May 2005 15:46:
> Yeah, I gave up on trying to work with Blender because of its interface.
> One of my co-workers likes Blender but I think it is only because it is
> free.  I will look at AC3D.

AC3D isn't only non-free, it also screwed its *paying* customers over, if
I remember correctly. Blender is free in both senses, and the UI only looks
difficult at first contact. After working through two or three tutorials[1]
and maybe asking two or three questions here on the list, you know enough
to build an aircraft. And suddenly you'll find the UI very effective and
convenient. And you'll never go back[2]. It's just the first hurdle, and
it only *looks* high.  :-)

m.

[1] http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Tutorials.243.0.html
[2] http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2005-May/010815.html