Hi,

On Donnerstag 19 Mai 2005 04:45, Jon Berndt wrote:
> We do have vUVWdot, which is body frame. We also have Tb2l, which is a
> transformation matrix that goes from body to local. This is where it gets
> hazy for me, too, and I have to sit and think about it, but since the body
> frame is rotating wrt to the local frame, I think there is an acceleration
> due to the rotation, as well, so one cannot simply transform from body axes
> to local frame. We can do this, it will just take some thinking. And, yes,
> Mathias is the expert, here.
>
> This is where it gets a little hazy for me, too, but IIRC,
>
> vVeldot = vUVWdot*Tb2l + vPQR*vUVW
>
> If that's not right, it's something like that, and I know we can calculate
> it. But, I'll really be surprised if it's not being calculated somewhere
> already.

Ok,
At first I need to know how this local frame is meant.
What I have found from the code is that it is meant to be the *geodetic*
horizontal local frame.
But is is meant to be fixed at the aircraft and thus rotates due to the
aircrafts velocity or is it fixed at the earth and relocated for every frame
to display?

Or the other question is: what is that hud element meant to display?
I cannot yet make sense of that.

   Greetings

         Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]