James Turner wrote:
> Umm - I am not sure about the reason for making the change, but the
> fact is that on Tiger, GLuint is a typedef for 'unsigned
> long'. Hence, the code has to be changed to use the portable names,
> or GCC 4.0 chokes.

Hrm... that sounds like a bug in the Apple headers.  The OpenGL spec
requires that GLint/GLuint be exactly a 32 bit value.  If Apple is
defining it otherwise in an environment* where a long is 64 bits, then
they need to fix their files.

* Are you sure this is the case for the OS/X development environment?
  I was sure that it was still 32 bit, which would make a long 32 bits
  as well.

Can you post the error you get?  It should not be an error to cast a
pointer to an unsigned int to a pointer to a GLuint on any 32 or 64
bit environment I am aware of.

Andy