> From: Melchior FRANZ
>
> * Jim Wilson -- Wednesday 25 May 2005 01:44:
> > It looks like setting up a materials animation with emission values clobers
> > the ambient values (sets them all to 0).  This produces some pretty strange
> > looking shading.
>
> BTW: you don't need several material animations with lists of <object-name>s.
> Just use the same material for all of these objects (or one for all needles,
> and one for all faces etc.). Then you can make one animation with
> <global>true</global>,
> and this will change emission for all objects that share the material. Makes
> the animation file less crowded and is faster, too.

Sorry about the report,  I'm having trouble keeping up with the devel list
reading.  I did have your private email in my inbox.  And I am aware of the
global property.  For the most part I am not using multiple materials, and do
not want all objects emissive.  There is one place (can't remember where) that
the global tag is used on the P51D.  There should be little difference in the
performance since only one callback is generated per object group.

BTW, most of those model xml files need to be fixed for grouping order.  I'll
commit more changes tonight (US time).

Best,

Jim