>               Airports and Navigation Data       Total
> Before                2 min 40 sec                3 min 50 sec
> After                 1 min 40 sec                2 min 50 sec
>
> It's still the most significant part of the load process - can we be even
> more clever yet?

How about an un-clever solution?  Can we just divide the existing data up into
regions, and let the user select which regions he wants before start up?
Even the 737 I fly doesn't keep a worldwide data set.

For the OV10 sim I cut out all but some of the German bits, and the load time
for airports/navaids went from about 10 seconds to 0 seconds.

Dave