On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:30:20 +0200, Danie Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

YES PLEASE !!!!!!

and .... if i may be so bold to request .... how i would go about
building yoke and pedals ...

Just a proposal...

I've extended my Logitech WingMan Extreme3D Digital by putting 3.5mm (stereo, switching) jacks into the joystick side. The jacks (actually only one is connected yet...) are sold between the original potentiometer wires. As I mentioned the jacks are switching ones, thus you are able to use the joystick 'old style', too.

I've build (torque) pedals of some wood and some steel ;-), connect them together with a steel cable routed over rolls, mount an old Logitech WingMan Attack on it and attach a extended stick to the cable, connect the potentiometers with an cord to the females of the digital stick. Certainly you have to mind the right resistance values, but in my case the potis are quite similar.

linux-sided I've just calibrated a new joystick profile, depending on the use of the joystick I just feed the calibration utility with the concerning profile.

It is doing its job, due to the wider amplitude the controlling of torque (or rudder) are much smoother. And it is quite fancy if you just plug pedals into your joystick :-))

just my two cents
Ron