Just checked in a JSBSim.hxx and JSBSim.cxx to JSBSim CVS that makes crash
handling user-configurable.  The default behavior is the current
"subterranean flying" behavior.  If the user sets the property
"/sim/pause-on-crash" to true, then the sim will pause on crash, which is the
same behavior Yasim has, so this should be the default for FlightGear.  If
the user sets the property "/sim/reset-on-crash" to true, then the sim will
reset on crash.

As for the "/fdm/jsbsim" property cloning problem, this has been around for
some time now.  Any reset of FlightGear while using a JSBSim aircraft will
cause another "/fdm/jsbsim" node to be created.  I've tried stopping that but
have had no luck.  There are several people using properties from
"/fdm/jsbsim" to drive instruments and they are possibly used in some nasal
scripts, so this problem breaks some of their panels, and maybe more things.

I'm copying this to the flightgear-devel list.

Dave