Hear hear.
----- Original Message -----
From: Oliver C.
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] "Short Reference" Document error?

On Sunday 19 June 2005 22:20, Jon Berndt wrote:
> > Aha ? In fact the notation in the cheat sheet _is_ correct and clear,
> > why the hell do you want to break it ? It's just a matter of point of
> > view an I assume there are _many_ FlightGear users out there that have
> > a comma as a decimal separator - it's just that they probably don't
> > live in the US.
>
> I think you are making a disingenuous assumption, here, on what I am
> saying. It IS correct and clear for*European*users, yes. All that I did to
> the PDF document was to add a _note_ in the appropriate section in brackets
> that says: "[U.S. keyboards use "." instead of ","]"
>
> Are you opposed, in principle, to providing U.S. users with accurate
> information? I don't understand what's got you so hot about this. It's an
> international project. Let's be clear for everyone.
>
> Jon

Maybe it sounded in your first letter like that you may be one of those
Americans who allways try to make the USA the center of the world.
We Europeans and people from other countrys don't like that it is offending,
so i can understand Martin Spott's reaction.
But now, that you made clear that this wasn't your intention and that you
don't have this US center view of seeing the world i think it was just a
misunderstanding between both sides. :)

I like your proposion of adding a _note_ in the appropriate section in
brackets that says: "[U.S. keyboards use "." instead of ","]".
This is a very nice solution.
We just need to make clear that Flightgear stays as international as possible.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.