----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Spott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: list.flightgear-devel
To: <flightgear-devel@flightgear.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Lights was: Shadows

> "Roman Grigoriev" wrote:
>
> > [...] because you can specify shaders that can be loaded to NV only or
> > ATI only and during fgfs startup we can detect archtecture and load
proper
> > shader. for example using NV shaders on NV hardware can get 20% boost to
> > framerate.
> > and detection of hardware is so easy you can only querry about
> > NV_fragment_program extension - so you have NV hardware overwise -ATI or
> > other videocard.
>
> Are you really willing to write special support for every piece of
> hardware that's out there ? I slightly suspect that this will probably
> not happen !?

We can simply use ARB extension - that support on ATI and NV but if you want
get some boost knowing some aspects of architecture sometimes up to 30% you
can simple use vendor specific extentions. That's it that I want to say. And
we can begin to use ARB extentions and after that we can add vendor specific
extensions.
Roman