> > > Anyone know the altitude of the approach lights in FlightGear?  They
> > > should be the same as the threshold, about 13 feet.  They seem to be
> > > much lower here, so they're covered by the light structures.
> >
> > The altitude of the approach lights vary based on viewer distance
> > (and/or altitude?) because otherwise they would end up underneath the
> > ground under certain circumstances.
>
> May be the approach lights should be shifted by that 13ft, and additionaly
> moved above with the distance to them to avoid Z-buffer races?

That sounds good, but I don't know where to start on that.  Does anyone want
the 28R light structure to play with?  It's here:

    http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/28RLights.ac

And the placement info goes in Scenery/Objects/w130n30/w123n37/942050.stg :

    OBJECT_STATIC 28RLights.ac -122.35186 37.61125 -0.1 62.0

Here are some photos of the real thing:

     http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/lights2.jpg
     http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/lights3.jpg

If we can get the light-hiding problem fixed, then I'll make light support
structures for all of the KSFO runways that need them.

Dave