Melchior FRANZ wrote:

It would be nice if we could make the dialog colors user settable. I've
abstracted the process of reading colors from the property tree out into
a function in dialog.cxx:

 void getColor(const SGPropertyNode * prop, sgVec4 color);

property node and merges it into the color array. (props may be zero.)
But should this rather go to fg_props.cxx!? So that colors for different
purposes could be read by it, too, such as HUD color, or splash screen
progress text color (not that this is an important feature)?
Yes make the properties readable for the different rendering code.

The plan is to read the dialog background/foreground color from
preferences.xml (or gui/color.xml) and make it changeable at runtime,
because the light blue dialogs are suboptimal for some cases (flying
over reddish mars, night, otherwise dark sceneries). It can be quite
unpleasant if you are flying in dark/night scenery, in a dark room,
and then a big bright dialog pops up.
So there will be one customizable color theme and 2 or 3 preset themes like on some TV
(old school, mars theme, acid theme, etc) ?

Before this would be possible, other problems would have to be solved,
though: It turned out that (1) too many dialogs don't use FGDialog at
all (e.g. property picker), and (2) our gui font doesn't look good in bright color dark background. :-/

m.

Perhaps the font should be selectable too, but this will surely add a few problems in the layout of
some dialogs.

Harald.